The SolarStorm 440 has been discontinued.
However, the SolarSystem 550 is the perfect replacement for the 440 as it replaces a 600w HID, updated LEDs and complete control using the SolarSystem Controller!
Best For: Hobbyist, Commercial, Medium Space, Full Cycle
- Large footprint 3 x 3ft (Flower), 6 x 6ft (Veg)
- Replaces 600 Watt HPS
- Full spectrum from Vegetative to Flowering
- Integrated T8 UVB Bulbs to Boost Potency
- Easy Veg / Bloom Selector Switch
The SolarStorm 440 is a very powerful LED grow light. It features 144 high flux bin OSRAM SSL emitters. The system is designed to cover an area of 3′ x 3′ for Bloom and up to 6′ x 6′ for Veg.
The SolarStorm 440 also features a unique supplemental UV-B mode which is essential to develop higher potency. The sun naturally contains large amounts of UVB. HID lights do not deliver any significant levels of UVB. No other LED grow light in the market covers the UVB spectrum because LED diodes are narrow band and focus their light in a narrow spectrum.
SolarStorm employs unique T8 fluorescent UVB bulbs integrated into the fixture with a separate control. The UVB bulbs are typically turned on during final few weeks or “finishing” phase of the grow cycle to boost the potency of the final harvest.
The SolarStorm 440 is designed to replace a 600W HPS or Metal Halide system. It is great for medium size or home grow operations. It can be used on light movers to cover larger areas and get even better results.
SolarStorm 440 Features:
- A switch to change the spectrum from Veg to Bloom
- Supplemental built in UV-B bulbs
Actual Power Draw of the SolarStorm 440:
- In Veg mode, the unit consumes approx. 235W
- In Bloom mode, the unit consumes approx. 320W
- In Bloom mode with the UVB T8 bulbs turned on, approx. 350W